Syncing data between Polar Loop/Polar Loop 2 and Polar Flow app fails. What should I do?
Make sure location is enabled for Polar Flow app in the phone's application settings. On Android 6 and newer devices, location permission is needed to scan for Bluetooth devices.
If you have several Flow app compatible Polar devices in use, make sure you have chosen Polar Loop/Polar Loop2 as the active device in the Android Flow app. This way Flow app knows to connect to your watch. In the Flow app, go to Devices and choose Polar Loop/Polar Loop2, and then return to the main menu.
If you can't see any updates of your recent activity in Polar Flow app, something has gone wrong with the sync. Let's see where the problem might be.
Polar Loop: The data is synced automatically once an hour.
Polar Loop 2: Your Polar Loop 2 syncs the data automatically to the Polar Flow app for iOS, when you reach your daily activity goal, when you get an inactivity alert and after you've stopped training with a heart rate sensor.
If the automatic sync doesn't work, please make sure that:
- Polar Flow app is running at least in the background
- your phone is within the range of 10 m/33 ft from your Polar Loop/Polar Loop 2
- Bluetooth is turned on in your phone settings and working.
NOTE: Automatic sync doesn't work if several Polar Loop/Polar Loop 2 activity trackers are used with the same phone.
Pressing the button on your Polar Loop/Polar Loop 2 will start the sync if there hasn't been one in the last 15 minutes. If the sync doesn't work, please go through the following checklist first:
- Check that Bluetooth is turned on in your phone settings.
- Do not wear a heart rate sensor when attempting to sync. If a heart rate sensor is close by, remove the sensor from the strap to stop the Bluetooth signal transmission.
- If your Polar Loop/Polar Loop 2 is plugged into a computer with a USB cable, unplug it and wear it on your wrist to make the button work properly.
- Make sure there's enough battery both in your Polar Loop/Polar Loop 2 and your phone.
If you performed any of the above actions, tap the touch button on your bracelet to start the connection.
If the sync still doesn’t work:
- Turn the flight mode on and off in your Polar Loop/Polar Loop 2. See User manual under Other display views.
- Remove the bracelet from your wrist. Cover the connector of the bracelet with your finger, tap the button on the bracelet and place the bracelet on your phone.
- Close the Polar Flow app and restart your phone. Then start the app again and try syncing once more.
Contact email@example.com if you still need assistance.