Button functions during training
The side button functions during training are the following:
- Change the training view with a short button press.
- Press and hold to view the side menu, or, when the display is locked, press and hold to unlock the display.
- Press and hold for eight seconds to turn V650 off.
The front button functions during training are the following:
- Take a lap with a short button press. The FRONT BUTTON TAKES LAP function must be set on. By default, the function is on. You can set the function on or off in Settings > Sport Profiles (choose the profile you want to edit to view the settings) .
- Press and hold to pause recording. To stop the training session, press and hold STOP for three seconds.
In heavy rainfall the rain drops may interfere with the touch screen functions. We recommend locking the display from the side button menu to prevent this.
The front and side button's functionality was changed in version 1.2.4. With the changes, we wanted to improve the usability when the display is locked, for example due to heavy rainfall, or when using the device with gloves on. From the 1.2.4 version onwards, you can take laps and change the training view, even when the display is locked. A three-second countdown for stopping a training session was added in version 1.4.7 to prevent accidental stopping of training recording.