Maintenance of your V800
Like any electronic device, the Polar V800 should be kept clean and treated with care. The suggestions given here will help you to keep the product in peak condition, ensure fluent charging and maintain its water resistance properties.
- Keep it clean! You can wash the training computer with a mild soap and water solution under running water. Remember not to press any buttons while washing.
- After each time of using the training device, check visually that there is no hair, dust or other dirt on the connector sealing surface area of the lid/back case. Gently wipe to remove any dirt from the connector pins by using dry cleaning cloth (similar to ones used to clean glass surfaces). A toothpick can be used to remove hair, dust or other dirt from the connector cavity. Do not use alcohol or any abrasive material such as steel wool or cleaning chemicals
- Don't operate the buttons whilst wet or under water.
- If you don't wear it 24/7, wipe off any moisture before storing it. Don't store in non-breathable material or in a damp environment, e.g. plastic bag or damp gym bag.
- Keep it out of extreme cold (below –10 °C/14 °F) and heat (above 50 °C/120 °F).
Proper care of the heart rate sensor after every use ensures good heart rate signal detection and longer service life.
- Detach the connector from the strap after every use and dry the connector with a soft towel. Clean the connector with a mild soap and water solution when needed. Never use alcohol or any abrasive material (e.g. steel wool or cleaning chemicals).
- Rinse the strap under running water after every use and hang to dry. Clean the strap gently with a mild soap and water solution when needed. Do not use moisturizing soaps, because they can leave residue on the strap. Do not soak, iron, dry clean or bleach the strap. Do not stretch the strap or bend the electrode areas sharply.
- Check regularly that there is no dust or dirt on the charging pins. Gently wipe to remove any dirt from the connector pins by using dry cleaning cloth (similar to ones used to clean glass surfaces).