Troubleshooting Speed Signal Reception
If your Polar sensor is not working as it should, try troubleshooting before contacting your closest Polar Service.
CS speed sensor W.I.N.D.
- Have you taught the sensor to the training computer? See how to do this with CS500.
- Does a light flash in the sensor when the speed magnet passes it? The light indicates that the speed sensor is positioned correctly and that the sensor is alive. For more on positioning, see CS speed sensor W.I.N.D. user manual.
CS speed sensor W.I.N.D. transmission range is approx. 10m / 32ft.
CS speed sensor
- Is the sensor installed according to instructions? See User Manual for CS Speed Sensor.
- Is the training computer positioned appropriately? For more, see here.
- Does your bicycle have carbon fibre frame / handlebar / stem? This may reduce transmission range. Try reducing distance between training computer and sensor.
CS speed sensor transmission range is max. 50 cm/19.5 in. Recommended distance between training computer and sensor is 30 - 40 cm/11 -15.7 in.