Maintenance of your Polar product
Like any electronic device, the Polar training computer should be treaded with care. The suggestions given here will help you to keep the product in peak condition and maintain its water resistance properties.
- Wipe off any moisture before storing it.
- Don't store in non-breathable material or in a damp environment, e.g. plastic bag or damp gym bag.
- Don't operate the buttons whilst under water or when wet.
- Keep it out of extreme cold (below –10 °C/14 °F) and heat (above 50 °C/120 °F).
- Avoid hard hits to training computer.
You can wash the training computer with mild soap and water solution under running water. Remember not to press any buttons while washing.
For detailed product-specific instructions, see Maintenance of heart rate sensor with textile strap or Polar T31/T31transmitter maintenance or the product user manual.
Depending on the Polar product model you can either change the battery yourself or you need to have it changed by a Polar-authorized service center.
For more information, see Battery change in Polar product or Battery empty in the Polar heart rate sensor.