Route Guidance on Grit X/Vantage V
The route guidance feature guides you along routes that you have recorded in previous sessions or routes that other Flow web service users have recorded and shared. You can also import GPX or TCX format routes exported from third-party services into the Polar Flow web service, and use the Route Guidance feature to guide you along them. For more information on importing routes see How to import a route into the Polar Flow web service and use it on a training device.
Adding a route to your watch
To add a route to your watch you must save it as a favorite in the Flow web service Explore view or in the analysis view of your training session, and sync it to your watch. For more information see How do I add a route to favorites?
Start a training session with route guidance
You can choose to go to the route start point, route end point or nearest point on the route (mid-route). First your watch will guide you to your chosen start point on the route. Once on the route, your watch will guide you all the way through and keep you on track. Just follow the guidance on the display. At the bottom of the display you’ll see how much distance you still have left.
- In pre-training mode, press the LIGHT button or tap to enter the quick menu.
- Choose Routes from the list, and then choose the route you want to do.
- Choose where you want to start the route: Start point, Mid-route, End point to reverse direction or Mid-route to reverse direction. You may be asked to calibrate the compass of your watch. If so, follow the instructions on the display.
- Choose the sport profile you want to use, and start your session.
- Your watch will guide you to the route. Route start found is displayed when you reach it, and then you're ready to go.
Route-end point reached is shown when you're finished.
Guidance on the Display
- The arrow shows the correct direction
- More of the route is shown as you as proceed
- Distance left