How do I sync my V650 with the Flow web service (Mac OS)?
To sync data from your V650 to the Polar Flow web service, you need to have a Polar account and the Polar FlowSync data transfer software.
Before you can sync you need to set up your V650 in the Polar Flow web service with a computer. If you have already done the setup, you have created a Polar account and you also have FlowSync software on your computer. If you haven’t set up your V650 yet, please see Setting up your V650 (Mac OS) for instructions.
Sync with Flow Web Service via FlowSync
Before syncing, make sure the compatibility mode for Mac OS X is enabled on your V650:
- Turn on your V650 by pressing and holding the side button.
- Check the software release of your V650: Go to Settings > General settings. Scroll to the bottom and choose About V650, and then scroll down to SW Release. To be able to sync the V650 with Mac, the V650 SW Release needs to be 1.2.7 or later.
- If the software release is earlier than 1.2.7, please contact your local Polar Customer Service for updating your V650. If the software release is 1.2.7 or later, continue to step 4.
- Enable the compatibility mode for Mac OS X on your V650: Scroll to the bottom of the About V650 screen and choose your computer’s operating system: Mac OS X.
- Restart V650 to save the setting.
To sync your V650 with Flow Web Service via FlowSync:
V650 must be turned on and in the main view.
- Plug in your V650 to your computer’s USB port with the USB cable. Always connect your V650 directly to your computer’s USB port. Do not connect it via USB hub, computer docking station or USB extension cable.
- Wait until the synchronization starts automatically. This can take several minutes. Be patient and do not click SYNC on the FlowSync software.
The Polar FlowSync software must be running on your computer’s menu bar (usually in the upper right corner of the screen) for the automatic sync to work.
If the syncing does not automatically start, start FlowSync from the applications folder.
- Do not disconnect V650 from the computer or turn it off, just let the FlowSync to proceed with syncing. FlowSync status will change to Completed, once the synchronization is done.
If there’s a firmware update available for your V650, FlowSync will notify you. Always make sure to update the firmware whenever a new version is available.
Sync with Flow App
If you have set up your V650 in the Flow web service and synced data via FlowSync software at least once, you can transfer data from your V650 to the Polar Flow app wirelessly via Bluetooth connection. Remember to sync and keep your data up-to-date between your V650, the web service and the mobile app wherever you are.