Android phone compatibility issues with Polar products
There is plenty of variation between how different Android devices handle the technologies used in our products and services, such as Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and different standards and protocols. Because of this compatibility varies between phone manufacturers, and from time to time we discover compatibility issues with certain phones. At the moment we’ve identified issues with the following models:
Users have experienced problems when pairing or syncing Polar sensors or wrist devices.
We’ve listed some troubleshooting tips you can try below. Try these one by one, and check if any of them help.
- Make sure Flow/Beat app is running on your mobile device and keep it at the foreground
- Turn Flight mode on and off on your mobile and see if it helps
- Reset Bluetooth connections from your Polar device (see the user manual of your Polar device for instructions)
- Remove your Polar device from your mobile device's Bluetooth setting menu and pair via Flow/Beat app
- Sign out from the app and sign back in again
- Uninstall and reinstall Flow/Beat app from Google Play
- Restart your mobile device
If the above troubleshooting tips do not help, unfortunately that is it, there is nothing else you can do.
Users have experienced connection problems with Polar OH1 and H10 heart rate sensors with Polar Beat and Flow app.
The 2.1.9 firmware update for the H10 and the 2.0.10 firmware update for the OH1 heart rate sensor fixes this issue. If you encounter problems updating the firmware, contact your local Polar Service Center.
How to update H10? https://support.polar.com/en/support/how_can_i_update_polar_h10
How to update OH1? https://support.polar.com/en/how-can-i-update-polar-oh1
Samsung Galaxy A3 Android 7.0 or newer and Samsung Galaxy A5 Android 7.0 or newer compatible with Vantage V and Vantage M after 1.2 firmware update
Polar Vantage V and Vantage M are not compatible with Samsung Galaxy A3 and A5 if the firmware version of the Vantage device is older than 1.2. Please use Polar FlowSync or another compatible mobile device to setup your Vantage and install the firmware update.
Once the 1.2 firmware update is installed, you can sync with the Polar Flow app on your Galaxy phone. If you do not have a possibility to use a computer or another mobile device, please contact your local Customer Care team at https://support.polar.com/en/support/contact_us/email_polar.
After updating a Google Pixel phone to Android version 9, synchronization with Polar V800 and Flow app might not work as expected: the first pairing and sync are successful, but every sync after that fails.
We have looked into this issue and unfortunately, we do not foresee that this restriction will change in the future and therefore these phones will remain incompatible with Polar V800. We can only recommend you continue syncing your Polar V800 with Polar FlowSync on your computer - or use another compatible mobile device to sync the device.
Download FlowSync from HERE if you do not have it already installed on your computer.
- Plug the USB cable into your computer and snap the connector onto your V800. Make sure FlowSync software is running.
- The FlowSync window opens on your computer, and the syncing starts.
- Completed is displayed when you are done.
To clarify, this affects only Polar V800, other Polar devices are compatible with Google Pixel phones.
This phone model might have issues when updating the firmware of the Polar device through the Polar Flow mobile app. If the firmware update fails consecutively, please install the update using Polar FlowSync on your computer. For more instructions, see your product-specific support pages at
You can also try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Remove your Polar device from your phone's Bluetooth settings. (not with V650 or M600)
- Remove the phone from your Polar device or reset the Bluetooth connections from the Polar device. Usually this setting can be found from Settings -> General settings -> Pair and sync -> Paired devices. (not with V650 or M600)
- Uninstall the Polar Flow app and restart your phone.
- Reinstall the Flow app from Google Play and sign in.
- Make sure your Polar device is selected in the Devices menu of the Flow app.
- Pair your Polar device again with the Flow app and see if the firmware update is successful.