Your watch has built-in GPS that provides accurate speed, distance and altitude measurement for a range of outdoor sports, and allows you to see your route on map in the Flow app and web service after your session.
The watch uses Assisted GPS (A-GPS) to acquire a fast satellite fix. The A-GPS data tells your watch the predicted positions of the GPS satellites. This way the watch knows where to search for the satellites and thus is able to acquire signals from them within seconds, even under difficult signal conditions.
The A-GPS data updates once a day. The latest A-GPS data file is automatically updated to your watch each time you sync it with the Flow web service via FlowSync software or via the Flow app.
A-GPS expiry date
The A-GPS data file is valid for up to 14 days. Positioning accuracy is relatively high during the first three days, and progressively decreases during the remaining days. Regular updates help to ensure a high level of positioning accuracy.
You can check the expiry date for the current A-GPS data file from your watch. Go to Settings > General settings > About your watch > Assisted GPS expires. If the data file has expired, sync your watch with the Flow web service via FlowSync software or with the Flow app to update A-GPS data.
Once the A-GPS data file has expired, more time may be required for acquiring your current position.
Your watch includes the following GPS features:
- Distance: Accurate distance during and after your session.
- Speed/Pace: Accurate speed/pace information during and after your session.
- Altitude, ascent and descent: Real-time altitude measurement, as well as ascended and descended meters/feet.
- Running index: Running Index is based on heart rate and speed data measured during running. It gives information about your performance level, both aerobic fitness and running economy.
- Route: Available in Flow app and Flow web service.
For best GPS performance, wear the watch on your wrist with the display facing up. Due to the location of the GPS antenna on the watch, it is not recommended to wear it with the display on the underside of your wrist. When wearing it on the handlebars of a bike, make sure the display is facing up.