Updating the firmware
You can update the firmware of your OH1 yourself to keep it up to date. You'll be notified via Flow when a new version is available. Firmware updates are performed to improve the functionality of your OH1. They can include improvements to existing features, completely new features or bug fixes. We recommend that you update the firmware of your OH1 every time a new version is available.
You won't lose any data due to the firmware update. Before the update begins, the data from your OH1 is synced to the Flow web service.
With mobile device or tablet
You can update the firmware with your mobile device if you're using the Polar Flow mobile app to sync your training and activity data. The app will let you know if there's an update available and will guide you through it. We recommend that you plug the OH1 into a power source before starting the update to ensure flawless update operation.
The wireless firmware update may take up to 20 minutes, depending on your connection.
Whenever a new firmware version is available, FlowSync will notify you when you connect the OH1 to your computer. The firmware updates are downloaded via FlowSync.
To update the firmware:
- Place the sensor into the USB adapter with the lens facing up so that the contacts on the sensor and the USB adapter meet.
- Plug the USB adapter into your computer USB port.
- FlowSync starts syncing your data.
- After syncing, you are asked to update the firmware.
- Choose Yes. New firmware is installed (this may take up to 10 minutes). Please wait until the firmware update has been finalized before you detach the OH1 from your computer.