Pairing the Polar app with a heart rate sensor
In sports where it's more challenging to keep the sensor stationary on your wrist or where you have pressure or movement in muscles or tendons near the sensor, we recommend using a Polar heart rate sensor with a chest strap to get better measurements of your heart rate.
The Polar training app on your M600 is compatible with Bluetooth® heart rate sensors, like Polar H6 and H7.
The Bluetooth® heart rate sensor must be paired with the Polar app for them to function together. The pairing takes only a few seconds and ensures that the Polar app receives signals from only your sensors and devices and allows disturbance-free training in a group. Before entering an event or race, make sure that you do the pairing at home to prevent interference from other devices.
To pair a Polar Bluetooth® heart rate sensor with the Polar app on your M600
- Wear the heart rate sensor.
- Moisten the electrode areas of the strap.
- Attach the connector to the strap.
- Adjust the strap length to fit tightly but comfortably. Tie the strap around your chest, just below the chest muscles, and attach the hook to the other end of the strap.
- Check that the moist electrode areas are firmly against your skin and that the Polar logo of the connector is in a central and upright position.
- Open the Polar app on the M600 by pressing the front button. (You need to exit any other apps first.)
- Tap Training or press the front button to open the list of sport profiles on your M600.
- You'll be prompted to pair your M600 with your heart rate sensor. You'll see your heart rate sensor's device ID, for example, Pair Polar H7 XXXXXXXX.
- Accept the pairing request by tapping the check mark icon.
- You'll see H7 connected when your heart rate sensor is paired with your smartwatch. Also the heart icon turns to display your heart rate and the circle around the heart rate turns from green to blue.
When you use a Polar Bluetooth® heart rate sensor, the Polar app does not measure heart rate from your wrist.
To unpair a Polar Bluetooth® heart rate sensor from the Polar app
- Go to flow.polar.com.
- Click your name in the upper right corner, and choose Products.
- You'll see a list of your Registered products. Click Remove next to your heart rate sensor to unpair it from any of the devices.
Detach the connector from the chest strap, and rinse the strap under running water after every training session. Sweat and moisture may keep the heart rate sensor activated, so also remember to wipe it dry.