Setting up your Polar M600
The Polar M600 sports watch is compatible with smartphones running Android 4.4+ or iOS 10.0+. iPhone users need to have at least model 5 or later. You can visit g.co/WearCheck on your phone to see if it’s compatible with Wear OS by Google.
To get ready for setup
- To make sure there’s enough charge in your M600 during setup, plug the M600 into charge using either a powered USB port on your computer or a USB power adapter and a wall outlet. Make sure that the adapter is marked with “output 5Vdc” and that it provides a minimum of 500mA.
- Turn on your M600 by pressing and holding the side power button until you see the Polar logo. After that, the initial powering up of the operating system will take a few minutes.
- Tap the touchscreen of your M600 to begin the setup. Then swipe up or down to find the language of your choice, and tap to choose it. If you choose a wrong language, you can return to the list of languages by swiping from left to right on the touchscreen.
- Make sure your phone is connected to the Internet and has Bluetooth turned on.
- Make sure the Google™ Search and the Google Play™ services apps are up to date on your Android phone. Or if you use iPhone, make sure your phone has the latest version of the iOS operating system.
- Keep your M600 and the phone close to each other during the setup.
To pair your smartphone with Polar M600
You need to install the Wear OS by Google by Google app on your phone to connect your smartwatch and your phone.
- Install the Wear OS by Google app on your smartphone from Google Play or the App Store. Or, if you already have the Wear OS by Google app on your phone, make sure it's the latest version.
- When you open the Wear OS by Google app on your phone, it automatically prompts you to start setting up your watch.
- Swipe up on your M600 to see its watch code, and tap the same code on your phone.
Android phone users: You'll get a Bluetooth pairing request on your phone. Make sure the pairing code on your M600 matches with the pairing code shown on your phone. Tap Pair or OK.
iPhone users: Accept the Bluetooth pairing request on your phone by tapping Pair or OK. You'll have to confirm connecting your devices: Make sure the code on your M600 matches with the code shown on your phone, and tap CONFIRM.
- You’ll see a quick confirmation message on both the M600 and your phone when the pairing is completed. After that, it takes a while for the M600 to finish syncing with your phone.
- To finish pairing your phone and the M600, you need to copy your Google Account from your phone to your M600. You'll need a Google account on your Polar M600 to be able to use the apps on the smartwatch. You'll also need to enable some settings, such as allow Wear OS by Google to display notifications sent to your phone, so that you can get the most out of your Polar M600 Wear OS by Google smartwatch. Follow the onscreen instructions on your phone to do these.
- Once the pairing stage of the setup is done, the M600 will open to the time view, and you'll see Polar M600 Connected in the upper left corner of the Wear OS by Google app on your phone.
If you already have the Wear OS by Google app installed on your smartphone and another device connected to it, open the mobile app and (on an Android phone) choose Add a new watch from the drop-down menu next to your device name at the top of the screen, or (on an iPhone) tap the three dots at the top right corner of the screen, and choose Pair with a new wearable. Then continue to follow the instructions below from step number 3.
iPhone users: If you don't already have a Google account, you can create one during this stage of the setup. Tap CONTINUE when you're asked to Sign in to your Google account, then tap Create account.
After the initial sync, your new smartwatch launches a tutorial on how to get started with the watch. You can swipe through the tutorial and continue the setup after that. Or you can skip the tutorial for the time being by swiping the tutorial card down, and you can later get back to the tutorial by swiping the tutorial card up again from the bottom of the home screen.
To activate the Polar app on the M600
To get the most out of your new Polar M600, and to be able to use Polar's activity tracking and training features, you need to activate the Polar app on the smartwatch. To do this, first you need to install the Polar Flow app on your smartphone. If you already have the Polar Flow mobile app installed on your smartphone, make sure it's the latest version, then continue the setup from step number 2 below.
- Go to Google Play or the App Store on your phone, and search and download the Polar Flow app.
- Open the Polar Flow app on your phone.
- Choose whether you’ll wear the M600 on your left or right wrist, then tap Continue. iPhone users: tap Save and sync.
- Sign in with your Polar account or create a new one.
- You'll see "Setup completed" when you've successfully activated the Polar app on your M600.
iPhone users: To proceed you need to open the Polar app on your M600 by pressing the front button. Then tap Start on your phone.
iPhone users note! You need to manually connect the M600 to a Wi-Fi network. Wi-Fi connection allows you to use to use the Google Play app on your M600, to keep the Polar app updated, and to download more apps to your Wear OS by Google smartwatch.
Android phone users: If you connected your M600 to Wi-Fi using Wear OS by Google cloud when prompted during the setup, your M600 can automatically connect to Wi-Fi networks saved on your phone. For more information, see Connecting to Wi-Fi.
To connect the M600 to a Wi-Fi network
- Make sure the display of your M600 is active and you're on the home screen.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to access the Quick settings menu.
- Tap the settings icon.
- Scroll the Settings menu to find and tap Connectivity.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap +Add network.
- Wait for the smartwatch to find available Wi-Fi networks, and tap the one you want to connect to.
- If the network you chose requires a password, tap Enter on phone. On your phone, enter the password for the Wi-Fi network and tap Connect.
To update the software
After you’ve setup your M600, you'll need to update the system software on your smartwatch to get the latest updates and to keep the smartwatch running smoothly. You’ll also need to make sure you have the latest version of the Polar app on your M600.
- See this support document to find out what the latest versions of all the four software related to your M600 are.
- This support document helps you update all the four software related to your M600 when it’s running the Wear OS by Google system software.
You’re ready to go, have fun!
Please note that you can pair your M600 with only one Android phone, iPhone or tablet at a time. You can pair your M600 with a new tablet or phone after you first reset your smartwatch to factory settings.