Start a Training Session
1. In time view, press to enter pre-training mode.
2. In pre-training mode, choose the sport profile you want to use with.
To change the sport profile settings before starting your session in pre-training mode, press and hold Quick Menu. To return to the pre-training mode, press .to enter the
If you have set the GPS function on in this sport profile and/or a compatible Bluetooth® Smart sensor in use, M450 will automatically start searching for the signals.
Stay in the pre-training mode until M450 has found the GPS and sensor signals and your heart rate to make sure your training data is accurate. To catch the GPS satellite signals, go outdoors and away from tall buildings and trees. Keep your M450 still with the display facing upwards during the search. Hold the position until M450 has found the satellite signals.
Finding GPS satelllite signals is faster with the help of assisted GPS (A-GPS). The A-GPS data file is automatically updated to your M450 when you sync your M450 with the Flow web service via the FlowSync software. If the A-GPS data file has expired or you haven't synced your M450 yet, more time may be needed for finding the satellite signals. For more information, see Assisted GPS (A-GPS).
3. When M450 has found all the signals, press Recording started is displayed and you can start training..
Heart rate: M450 has found your heart rate sensor signal, when your heart rate is shown.
GPS: The percentage value shown next to the GPS icon indicates when the GPS is ready. When it reaches 100 %, OK is displayed.
Cycling sensors: OK is shown next to the bike icon when M450 has found the sensor signals. If you have linked sensors to more than one bike, you'll see a number next to the bike icon indicating the bike in use. M450 chooses the bike to which the nearest sensor is linked.
You've linked a speed sensor to Bike 1, and another speed sensor to Bike 2. Both bikes are nearby when you enter the pre-training mode in M450. The speed sensor linked to Bike 1 is closer to the M450. Therefore, M450 chooses Bike 1 for the ride. Number 1 is show next to the bike icon.
If you wanted to use Bike 2 instead, do either of the following:
- Return to the time mode. Then, increase the distance between M450 and Bike 1 so that Bike 2 is the one nearest to M450. Enter the pre-training mode again.
- Touch the sensor in Bike 2 with M450.
Start a Session with Training Target
You can create detailed training targets in the Flow web service and sync them to your M450 via Flowsync software or Flow app. During training you can easily follow the guidance on your device.
To start a training session with a training target, do as follows:
Begin by going to Diary or Favorites.
In Diary, choose the day the target is scheduled and press , and then choose the target from the list and press START. Any notes you have added to the target are displayed.
In Favorites, choose the target from the list and press . Any notes you have added to the target are displayed.
Pressto enter the pre-training mode, and choose the sport profile you want to use.
When M450 has found all the signals, press Recording started is displayed and you can start training..
For more information on training targets, see Training Targets.
Start a Session with Interval Timer
You can set one repeating or two alternating time and/or distance based timers for guiding your work and recovery phases in interval training.
- Begin by going to Timers > Interval timer. Choose Set timer(s) to create new timers.
- Choose Time-based or Distance-based:
- Time-based: Define minutes and seconds for the timer and press .
- Distance-based: Set the distance for the timer and press .
- Set another timer? is shown. To set another timer, choose Yes and repeat step 2.
- When completed, choose Start X.XX km / XX:XX and press to enter the pre-training mode, and then choose the sport profile you want to use.
- When M450 has found all the signals, press Recording started is displayed and you can start training. .
You can also start the Interval timer during the session, for example after warm-up. Press and hold to enter Quick menu, and then choose Interval timer.