Troubleshooting Polar Verity Sense setup
Having trouble setting up your Verity Sense with your phone?
If you're having trouble setting up your Polar Verity Sense with your phone and the Polar Flow mobile app, make sure:
- Your phone is compatible with the Polar Flow app.
- You have the latest version of the Polar Flow app downloaded from Google Play or the App Store and installed on your phone.
- Bluetooth is turned on in your phone and the airplane mode/flight mode is off. You can try to fix a problem in the Bluetooth connection by turning it off and on again in the phone's settings.
- Android users: make sure location is enabled for Polar Flow app in the phone's application settings.
- Both your Verity Sense and phone are powered up.
- Then, try setting up your Verity Sense again using the instructions in Setting up your Polar Verity Sense (User Manual).
If you're still unable to set up, here are a few more steps that can help you solve the problem.
- The Verity Sense has to be set up with your mobile phone using the Polar Flow app, and not in your mobile device’s Bluetooth settings. If you’ve paired the Verity Sense with your phone, first unpair the Bluetooth connection with your phone, and then follow the instructions for setting up the Verity Sense with the Polar Flow app in Setting up your Polar Verity Sense (User Manual).
- If you experience unexpected behavior in Flow app during setup, first force quit it to see if this helps. If not, uninstall and reinstall the app. Reset your Verity Sense if nothing else works.
Having trouble setting up your Verity Sense with your computer?
If you're having trouble setting up your Verity Sense with your computer, try the below steps, one at a time, and then try setting up your Verity Sense again using the instructions in Setting up your Polar Verity Sense (User Manual).
If your Verity Sense doesn’t charge properly, or if it doesn’t connect to FlowSync, it could be because the charging contacts of your sensor and USB charging adapter are not clean enough.
Before charging and connecting to FlowSync, please make sure there’s no moisture, dust or dirt on the charging contacts of your Verity Sense and USB charging adapter. Gently wipe off any dirt or moisture. Do not use any sharp tools for cleaning to avoid scratching.
The best way to keep the charging contacts of your sensor clean is to rinse the sensor after each training session with lukewarm tap water. The sensor is water resistant and you can rinse it under running water without damaging the electronic components. Clean the sensor with a mild soap and water solution when needed. Do not charge the sensor when it's wet or sweaty.
Check that Verity Sense is correctly placed in the USB adapter, and that the adapter is correctly placed in the USB port
- Make sure the Verity Sense sensor is placed correctly in the USB adapter. The sensor should be in the USB adapter with the lens facing up so that the contacts on the sensor and the USB adapter meet.
- Make sure the USB adapter is placed into the USB port correctly. The lens of the Verity Sense sensor is facing up when the adapter is placed correctly.
- Try the other USB port(s).
Close FlowSync by right-clicking/secondary clicking the icon on your computer taskbar/menubar. Choose Close. Then restart FlowSync from your computer desktop icon/Applications folder.
Make sure you have version 3.0 or newer of the Polar FlowSync software installed. Older FlowSync versions are not compatible with Verity Sense. To check the FlowSync version, click the settings icon on FlowSync and select About. If the FlowSync version is older than 3.0, please download and install the latest FlowSync version at flow.polar.com/start.
Keep the Verity Sense plugged into the computer.
- Open the Settings menu by going to the Start menu and clicking the settings icon (above the Power button). Open the Devices option and then click on the Connected devices/Bluetooth & other devices option.
- Plug your Verity Sense into the charging cable and the cable into your computer. Your Verity Sense should appear under Other devices.
- Click Apple menu > About This Mac > More Info > System Report > Hardware > USB. Plug your Verity Sense into the charging cable and the cable into your computer. Does the list update? Your Verity Sense should be shown on the list.
If your Verity Sense is not shown on the list and/or the synchronization does not start, please reset the sensor.