How do I update the firmware of my Verity Sense
To keep your Polar Verity Sense up to date and to get the best performance, always make sure to update the firmware whenever a new version is available. Firmware updates are performed to improve the functionality of your sensor.
You won't lose any data due to the firmware update. Before the update begins, the data from your Verity Sense is synced to your Flow account.
With phone or tablet
You can update the firmware with your phone if you're using the Polar Flow mobile app. The app will let you know if there's an update available and will guide you through it. We recommend that you plug the sensor into a power source before starting the update to ensure a flawless update operation.
The wireless firmware update may take up to 20 minutes, depending on your connection.
Whenever a new firmware version is available, FlowSync will notify you when you connect the Verity Sense to your computer. The firmware updates are downloaded via FlowSync.
To update the firmware:
- Place the sensor into the USB adapter with the lens facing up so that the contacts on the sensor and the USB adapter meet.
- Plug the USB adapter into your computer USB port.
- FlowSync starts syncing your data.
- After syncing, you are asked to update the firmware.
- Choose Yes. New firmware is installed (this may take up to 10 minutes). Please wait until the firmware update has been finalized before you detach the Verity Sense from your computer.